For almost a month now, the rate of new cases of coronavirus disease in the Czech Republic have not exceeded 500 people per day. As at June 15, 2021, 4.539.651 million people have received the first dose of the vaccine and another 2.167.506 have received the second dose.
So far, vaccination remains the only way to protect yourself from the virus and stop the pandemic. Where and how can our students get vaccinated?
Do you want to study at the best Czech universities for free?
You only need to do two things for this – learn Czech and prepare well for the entrance exams. All this can be done on ILPS preparatory courses of Charles University – we prepare for admission in almost all fields. Click the banner
Stay safe. Get vaccinated. Save lives.
Covid-19 vaccine is a medicine that prevents disease by triggering an immune response to it. Having met the virus after vaccination, our body is already well prepared and can effectively fight it.
Each vaccinated person helps to protect not only themself, but also those who, for example, cannot do this due to their age or health condition. So with a large number of vaccinated people, the so-called herd immunity is developed, when the disease simply cannot spread quickly, encountering living obstacles in the form of vaccinated people.
Vaccination in the Czech Republic is organized in such way that people with a greater risk of health complications are vaccinated first. In addition, for some time it has not been clear when it is the turn for foreigners who have commercial health insurance and are not a part of the public health insurance system to get vaccinated.
This opportunity has become available on June 10. Now anyone over 16 years of age with commercial insurance can register for the vaccination and get the vaccine they want.
How to register for vaccination
- Since students do not have public insurance, they need to register via this link https://registrace.mzcr.cz/samoplatci
- There you enter your phone number and consent to the processing of your personal data (step 1). Then you will receive a four-digit PIN (step 2). Enter it to start registration (step 3), in which you are to select a vaccination point. A list of the vaccination points can be found at https://registrace.mzcr.cz/samoplatci/ocm/.
- After saving the registration (step 4), you need to wait. It may take several minutes or several days before you receive an invitation SMS (step 5). This is because each vaccination point invites registered candidates only if there is a vaccine for that person.
- When you receive SMS with PIN2, you will have 42 hours for the date reservation (during these hours you will receive several SMS reminders). Reservation of the date is made on the website https://reservatic.com/ockovani (step 6). At this link you enter the received identification number and PIN2. After that, you can choose the date of vaccination (step 7).
- Confirm the reservation (step 8) and spare 2 days in your schedule (the day of vaccination and the day after vaccination) to calmly rest at home and let the vaccine do its job.
- What is the vaccine for foreigners?
- What should I take with me for vaccination?
Your passport with visa or passport with your biometric card. The passport will confirm your identity, and your visa or biometric card will indicate that you have the right to stay in the Czech Republic.
- How to get a vaccination certificate?
On the website https://ocko.uzis.cz/ you will have to enter the data that you indicated during registration. The certificate will be sent to you by email.
- I want to go on summer vacation, do I need to get vaccinated?
Vaccination will give you the opportunity to safely go on vacation and return to school, but keep in mind that it may take a lot of time before you can get the second dose. Pay attention to this fact when choosing your vaccination dates. You select the date and time of the first dose, the date of the second dose will be generated automatically.
- How much does this cost?
The maximum cost of one dose, including the vaccination procedure itself, will not be more than 810 Czech crowns. That is, no more than 1620 CZK for two doses.
- How is the payment done?
You pay for the vaccination on the spot in cash or by card. Attention: some points only accept cards. Be sure to check this at https://registrace.mzcr.cz/samoplatci/ocm/
- Can I get an insurance refund?
Private insurance companies promise to reimburse vaccination costs to all holders of comprehensive insurance. For this you need to keep your receipts and the vaccination card that will be given to you at the vaccination point. You also need to send an insurance claim to your insurance company.
Stay safe. Get vaccinated. Save lives.