Study Medicine in the Czech republic and get your medical degree at the best universities of Central Europe. The medical diplomas of Czech universities are recognized all across Europe. With the acquired knowledge and diploma, you can verify your qualifications in any country.
You can get a medical degree:
• for free if you study in Czech. Free education is available for everyone, regardless of your citizenship.
• charged if you study in English. The cost per school year at a university varies from 10,500 to 16,000 euros.
The Charles University Institute ÚJOP prepares for admission to both these options.
1. The one-year course of studying Czech + specialty subjects required to pass the entrance exams takes place in Prague-Krystal. The cost of one-year course in 2022/2023 is 5940 euros. All the necessary information is available at this link
For non-Slavic-speaking students, we recommend a two-year language course. From our experience, by the end of the first year, non-Slavic-speaking students effectively use Czech at the B1 level. During the second year (the cost is EUR 4430) you will reach the B2 / C1 level required for admission to faculties of medicine.
2. One-year entrance exams preparatory course in English costs EUR 6560. All information is available at the link
Czech Medical faculties, where classes are conducted in Czech
- First Faculty of Medicine, Charles University – website
- Second Faculty of Medicine, Charles University – website
- Third Faculty of Medicine, Charles University – website
- Faculty of Medicine, Charles University in Hradec Králové – website
- Faculty of Medicine, Charles University in Pilsen – website
- Faculty of Medicine, University of Ostrava – website
- Faculty of Medicine, Masaryk University – website
- Faculty of Medicine in Olomouc – website
Study at the best Czech universities for free!
You only need to do two things for this – learn Czech and prepare well for the entrance exams. All this can be done on ILPS preparatory courses of Charles University – we prepare for admission in almost all fields. Click the banner
Tuition fees at Medical Faculties of the Czech Republic, where classes are conducted in English
prices were updated to 07.06.2023
- First Faculty of Medicine, Charles University 500,000 CZK (EUR 21,195 per year) – website
- Second Faculty of Medicine, Charles University 390,000 CZK (EUR 16,532 per year) – website
- Third Faculty of Medicine, Charles University 460,000 CZK (EUR 19,500 per year) – website
- Faculty of Medicine, Charles University in Hradec Králové 350,000 CZK (EUR 14,836 per year) – website
- Faculty of Medicine, Charles University in Pilsen 370,000 (EUR 15,600 per year) – website
- Faculty of Medicine, University of Ostrava (EUR 11,000 per year) – website
- Faculty of Medicine, University of Olomouc (EUR 12,500 per year) – website
- Faculty of Medicine, Masaryk University in Brno 380,000 (EUR 16,100 per year) – website
Study in English
Click the banner and follow the step-by-step instruction
Duration of studies at medical faculties in the Czech Republic
When you study Medicine in the Czech republic In the Czech Republic, bachelor’s degree in General Medicine does not exist. After secondary school, applicants go to study at a master’s degree program, which lasts 6 years. After graduation, they are given the title Doctor of Medicine (Czech abbreviation – MUDr.). If you have a bachelor’s degree in medicine in your country and would like to complete your education in the Czech Republic, please, read this article.
The process of admission to the Faculty of Medicine in the Czech Republic
The preparatory course is a huge help for admission, regardless of whether it is conducted in Czech or in English. Our staff will not only prepare you for the entrance exams, but will also help you in solving many bureaucratic issues. If you have chosen our preparatory course, the admission process goes as follows:
1. Submitting an online application for a preparatory course one year before it starts. Admission of applications begins in September each year. A scheme-calendar looks like this:
- In September 2022 you apply. Start visa processing
- In September 2023 you start the course
- In the spring of 2024, you take the entrance exams
- In the fall of 2024, you start your studies at a medical faculty
2. Getting a visa for 12 months. It takes 60 days from the moment the documents are submitted at a Czech consulate to the moment when you get your visa.
3. Studying at the preparatory course from September to June.
4. Nostrification of the school certificate during the preparatory course year.
5. Passing entrance exams. Different faculties have various admission conditions, but usually those are tests in biology, chemistry and physics. You have the opportunity to take entrance exams at one or even at all medical faculties, as long as you wish to do so. Then you can choose where to study if you get accepted to several faculties.
6. After completing the preparatory course, you have time till September to enroll to the chosen faculty, get accommodation in a dormitory and apply for a new student residence permit.
You can ask any questions related to the preparatory course via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
In the ÚJOP UK Poděbrady center, our students are prepared for admission to technical programs and economic programs taught in Czech language, and also to medical programs and economic programs…
When going to study in the Czech Republic, future doctors are usually surprised by the large number of medical faculties at Charles University. How come there are so many? We decided to…
There is no excerpt because this is a protected post.
There are two options how to study medicine in the Czech Republic. You can study for fee, and we recommend you apply for preparatory course, which help you to be…
Study Medicine in the Czech republic and get your medical degree at the best universities of Central Europe. The medical diplomas of Czech universities are recognized all across Europe. With…